West Newton Real Estate
Established in 1788, when a group of American pioneers traveled to the Northwest Territory led by Gen. Rufus Putnam. West Newton earned its early historical relevance by playing a key role in the westward expansion of the U.S. Despite facing devastating fires, floods and tragic train wrecks in the 20th century, West Newton preserved and ultimately became a bedroom community with a vast majority of residents that work outside of the borough.
The Dick Building – National Register of Historic Places
Plumer House – National Register of Historic Places
Simeral Square – Trail and Visitor Center has spurred economic growth on the west side of the borough with the opening of shops, a bed & breakfast and restaurants.